Thursday, February 16, 2006

How about a nice dish of fish sherbert?


…Jones Soda is offering Salmon Soda, tinted a beguiling orange, with—as the company’s prexy says—“a smoked salmon aroma.”

…The company (seriously, you will never convince HA that this company urine-tests) also offers turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie flavored drinks, although these obviously are quite seasonal.

…This puts HA in mind of her family’s custom of joking about fish sherbert as the most disgusting food imaginable. Halibut Ripple, Salmon Swirl, yes, HA and her posse have advanced this repugnant concept in some detail.

…Best HA diet plan ever? A nice dish of fish sherbert before every meal!

…This also reminds HA of her mother’s custom of cutting cals by ordering cottage cheese with chocolate sauce in restaurants. One time, a gum-smackin,’ Flo-type waitress shot back: “How about some cheesecake with gravy, hon?”

8 comments:

Gina said...

Ew.

Bill Thomasson said...

Cottage cheese with choclate sauce? Sounds good to me. And choclate saude is easier to bring home from the grocery store than canned fruit.

Star said...

Why is cho sauce easier to bring home than canned fruit? I'll, er, bite...

Mignon said...

Late one night I tried mixing cottage cheese with hot chocolate mix...thought it would be like lowfat chocolate cheesecake. Wrong!! Ick. You're right, it was an effective diet aid for the evening.

Bill Thomasson said...

Star asked, "Why is cho sauce easier to bring home than canned fruit? I'll, er, bite... "

[blink of surprise] Weighs less per serving, doncha know? A 15-oz can of fruit (probably a full pound when you add in the weight of the can) will dress two 1-pound servings of cottage cheese. I don't know how many servings a 20-oz (plastic) bottle of sundae syrup would take care of, but it surely must be somewhere between 5 and 10.

Remeber that neither my wife nor I drive these days. Stuff comes home from the grocery store either in shopping carts or hand-carried bags.

Star said...

I don't drive either--I should start a new blog. Stories of my few lessons are legend.

Yes, I do believe you're right, choc is more compact!

Bill Thomasson said...

For lunch yesterday I had cottage cheese with strawberry sundae syrup (no choclate on hand). Quite good, really. Of course canned fruit is good, too. I'm not recommending one over the other, except perhaps in terms of convenience.

Bill Thomasson

Star said...

I gather you are not into the Nixon fave--cottage cheese with catsup? I have had it--not bad. I am not a sweets person...