Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Recess for adults or cubicle calesthenics?


Dennis Thompson, HealthDay, Sept 28, 2010, says some companies are doing recess.

This is a 10-minute break with dance or sports-like movement.

Yuh-oh—I am thinking North Korea.

Yes, this is part of the U.S. National Physical Activity Plan, a cooperative effort of a number of health orgs, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American Heart Association, YMCA, and AARP.

Now, knowing us ‘taters, they are saying try for 150 minutes of exercise a week. It can be in these bites.

One company said they did adult recess of a 20-minute walk every other day and daily 15-min aerobics classes.

Reportedly, people are more focused and less lethargic in the afternoon.

They do this in Japan. Japan! I was thinking North Korea.

At first, one said, there is eyerolling (not an approved movement, I gather). It seems hokey.

If it’s voluntary, OK. Forced? Sit on a tack! But you know how I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day!This was a really quality theme!
I come from itlay, I was luck to seek your subject in wordpress
Also I learn much in your theme really thanks very much i will come daily

Star Lawrence said...

Welcome. Italy! Good. You can learn a lot of slang on this site...and maybe a few good health tips, too.