Friday, August 24, 2012

My mother left this morning


After eight days in hospice, and some more cerebral events, she finally died this morning.

I would use the word ordeal more than the word blessing.

My sister and I, her caregivers for more than 16 years, are crushed by weariness…numb.

Here is the obit we worked on. We love you, Mom. See you later.

Lawrence, Hope Delinda Warren
94, of Chandler, died on August 24, 2012. Born in Wauwatosa, Wisc., of Paul Gregg and Delinda Warren, she married George Herbert Lawrence, MD, in 1943. Following World War II, they located to St Louis, where they raised four children, Jean Lawrence, Linda Jones, George Lawrence, and Jonathan Lawrence. She is also survived by nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.Her husband died in 1991. She never touched a computer key in her life—her legacy is a love of learning and of beauty in appearance, clothes, and nature. “Your absence has gone through me like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its color.” W.S. Merwin.

No comments: