Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why people go to the doctor

Man, these health plans--at least some of the Medicare ones--want you to go to the doctor. Mine even has a zero copay now.

I like to go when I am sick. But they call me and ask do I know what day it is. No? Go to the doctor! Luckily I knew the day.

Anyhow, I do what I want (but you know that). The only time I need to be forced into it is when I need my BP med renewed. Then they get me.

Mayo Clinic studied this--what motivates people to go? The big three reasons are skin problems, joint disorders, and back pain. After that--people of all ages go because of cholesterol, respiratory problems (incl asthma), anxiety/depression/bipolar, chronic neurological disorders, and high BP. After that come headaches and diabetes.

But skin problems were king.

No comments: