Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Where do you stand on those middle-aged beards?

Dave Ramsey, Ben Bernanke, even Jeff Bridges--what is UP with men growing those skanky beards?

I hate them.

Apparently I stand alone--the Evolution and Ecology Research Centre at the University of New South Wales did a study. Women find men most attractive with 10 days of beard growth.

They got 351 women, 177 hetero men and 10 men to serve as models. The models were photographed clean-shaven, 5 days, 10 days, and full bearded.

Heavy stubble won. They tried to tie it to the women's cycles--maybe those ovulating found hairy men more attractive--would that be evolutionary--more testosterone to breed?

They also found the beardy ones more "aggressive" and probably better parents.

I still think the gray, grizzled thing is messy looking, but what do I know? Maybe in Jason Statham or Don Johnson. I am looking at a picture of a bearded "Jax" from SONS OF ANARCHY and I must say, not too horrible.

No comments: