Monday, May 13, 2013

I saw this--on 2 BROKE GIRLS!

I laugh at that show despite my better judgment, the Ashton Kutcher TWO AND A HALF MEN, too.

Anyhow, on the show, "Caroline" gets a worrisome symptom downtown and is too embarrassed to show her roommate--so she takes a pix of it with her phone. Hilarity ensues.

Now, in real life, there is an app developed in Sweden for STD Awareness Month that allows the anonymous sending of a picture of one's "problem" to a physician. The doc responds within 24 hours.

Users are asked to provide written info on their medical history, but basically this is optional and the process is anonymous.

It's called STDtriage and can be downloaded free from the app store. The doc's advice is $40.

Check out http://www.stdtriage.com.

In the fictional show, even though Caroline was doing "the herp walk," it turned out to be an allergy to a body wash. The website says 70% of the ailments sent in are not STDs.

I wish I could use the picture they have, but I do have some decency, even though I laughed. I am really quite giddy.

No comments: