Thursday, July 25, 2013

How do you feel about chiropractic care?

Some people swear by their chiropractors. My sister has tried a few--good and not so.

With the so-called "Affordable" Care Act, chiros may rise in popularity. You may not be able to see an orthopedist without a long wait.

Lisa Nicita wrote about this in the AZ Republic. Car and workplace accidents account for a lot of back and neck pain.

Women often get back trouble from hormonal changes in menopause. Men in their fifties begin the pain game.

Chiros have four years of college, continuing ed and must meet state requirements. This is not even close to what a medical doctor has.

But they combine nutrition, exercise, manipulation and imaging to help patients.

More and more chiros also practice in conventional medical practices alongside physicians.

If you think this will work for you, ask friends for referrals. Check with the American Chiropractic Assn (http://acatoday.org).

In AZ,you can also check a chiropractor's record with the state online.

I have never seen a chiro--have you?

2 comments:

pianogirl88 said...

I have seen a chiropractor and I'm convinced that I'm playing the piano today because of her treatment. Her brother (a colleague & dear friend) is one of the greatest pianists in the world, so she is well familiar with the body. I would recommend her to anyone. My GP is an osteopathic dr., and I like her approach to healing, as well.

Star Lawrence said...
This comment has been removed by the author.