Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wow--Something I never heard before

I was reading a review of a book by Robyne Chutkan titled Gutbliss: A 10-Day Plan to Ban Bloat, Flush Toxins, and Dump Your Digestive Baggage. (We have to talk about Star's rules for long subtitles, Robyne.)

Anyhow, as reviewed by Laura Landro (WSJ, Nov 5, 2013), the book says something I had never heard before. And that is that women's intestines are twistier and longer than men's.

Men's innards, she said, are like a horseshoe, women's like a roller coaster. Women's are also longer, Chutkan says.

This explains a lot. All my life, I have had what I call "bad guts," always something!

She goes on to recommend fiber like psyllium and lots of water. But also advocates eliminating six categories--that spell SAD GAS. These are soy, artificial sweeteners, dairy, gluten, alcohol and sugar.

Now that sort of thing I had heard before.

But the women's guts are different than men's--that was new.

Have you heard it?

No comments: