Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Chiropractic--what do you think?

I got a press release from the American Chiropractic Assn saying holiday shopping was an athletic event and one needed to prepare for it as such--and chiropractors could help.

It seemed like their advice was--overall--helpful for most of daily living. Scott Bautch, DC, was quoted as saying our bodies do no respond well to bursts of unusual activity.

His general advice was to eat right, drink plenty of water, stretch, exercise, and take time to slow down and reflect.

During activities, take breaks every 45 mins.

Wear shoes with plenty of cushioning.

Don't tote around huge heavy shoulder bags, How about a fanny pack or backpack?

If something hurts, apply ice.for 20 mins, then remove for a few hours.

I have never been to a chiropractor, but people I know go occasionally. My takeaway--and I could be wrong--is that they are encouraged to come frequently and over long periods of time.

To me, this means the relief or changes from the manipulation is not lasting or even accumulates to permanent change.

I could be wrong, as I said...what do you think?

No comments: