Thursday, November 03, 2016
What's up in the world of fitness
Technology is a must have in our daily lives, chirps the lead author of the survey.
The ASCM surveys more than 1,800 health and fitness pros to get these trends.
1. Wearable technology. Activity trackers, smart watches, heart rate monitors, and GPS tracking devices.
2. Body weight training. You use your body weight in pushups and pullups and the like rather than a lot of equipment.
3. High intensity interval training (HIIT). Short bursts of activity followed by a short recovery period. All done in under 30 mins.
4. Educated and experiences professionals. Many places "certify" people--be sure the certification program is certified by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies. Of course, they think ASCM is the best.
5. Strength training. Still a staple of many health clubs.
6. Group training. Self-explanatory.
7. Exercise as medicine. Doctors recommend physical activity.
8. Yoga. Includes Power Yoga, Yogalates, Bikram, Astanga, Vinyasa, Kripalu, Anurara, Sivandan, and others. (I did Sivananda for yrs.)
9. Personal training. This means training to be a trainer.
10. Exercise for weight loss.
So what's trending in your life? Is trending a word?