Monday, March 20, 2017

42% of parents say they would take their kid to Urgent Care

The C.S. Mott Children's Hospital National poll on children's health said 42% would also try to communicate with the doctor without a visit.

More parents were confident of getting same-day phone advice (60%) than a same-day appointment (53%).

In other words, the researchers said, many parents are frustrated about getting timely advice when they have a sick child.

While retail clinics (in stores) or urgent care clinics may seem convenient, they may not have the child's history and can be expensive. And don't even ASK about the ER--see below.

Most doctors' office have a limited number of "sick" visits a day. I remember my daughter's pediatrician gave out a booklet of when to call or make an appt. I about had it memorized.

Discuss this with the doctor before deciding on a provider--the researchers recommended.

Most often, for a number of reasons, the primary care doctor's office is your best bet.

I will admit I often consider other venues. I even got so desperate with stomach pains two weeks ago, I went to the ER, knowing I could get imaging, testing, and an opinion in one place...and not be shuffled one day to a lab, the next to an x-ray place.

But the bottom line for that six hours...$11,600!!! My part was way less, of course, but someone thought that was what the services were worth,

I think the entire health care system is hardly worthy of the name system these days.

No comments: